Electronics Recycling & Risk Management
What is Electronics Recycling & Risk Management?
Committed to Environmentally Responsible Electronic Recycling
E-Scrap, E-Waste, the Electronic equipment that your company has decommissioned and sits unused in the storage room or closet, also known as de-manufactured electronic materials, is classified by government regulations as “Universal Waste” and must be treated differently from common household waste and other waste.
This creates a special need for companies when upgrading medical, telecommunication, computer, peripheral, and other electronic devices to perform their due diligence in selecting a qualified service provider to help advise and assist them in proper disposal and recycling of their retired electronics.
Who It Impacts
Recycling Done Safely, Securely and Responsibly
There are many risks associated with the improper recycling and disposal of obsolete and retired electronics, not only to human health and the environment due to the hazardous materials that electronics contain such as mercury, chromium and lead, but also to the health of your company. There is the more well-known liability associated with data security and there is also an environmental liability.
To effectively eliminate these liabilities, it is vital to select a qualified service provider to help manage your electronics recycling needs. As a full service electronics recycling company, we challenge ourselves to deliver more than what’s expected in ways that will continue to benefit our customers while reducing the global environmental impact.
How We Help
We Help Identify and Remove the Risk
RAE de-manufactures and recycles a wide variety of electronic assets in compliance with all government regulations and environmental directives. All of this is accomplished with no product being exported to any Third World or underdeveloped countries at any time for processing. RAE reclaims natural resources for reuse and does not landfill products, components, or composite materials used in the manufacture of electronics products.
- Secure Chain of Custody: Securing corporate and personal data and ensuring that unwanted equipment is properly disposed of are concerns that RAE can easily resolve. RAE helps our clients dispose of a wide variety of obsolete electronic assets while managing the liability risks to the maximum extent possible. Our commitment to proven processes in the area of identification, cataloging, tracking, disposition and the logistics management of electronic equipment is unparalleled, including thorough authenticated reports of all activities involved with transportation. From point of receipt to final disposition, limited access and product security become our main focus.
- Secure Data Management: Prior to erasure, all data and data devices are stored within a secure limited-access controlled environment. All software and resident data is completely removed from all hard drives using our exclusive Data Cleanse℠ authentication process for any products destined for resale or where required in conformance with Department of Defense 5220.22-M protocol. Any hard drive that fails the authentication process is destroyed by RAE. For any customer whose destruction of equipment requires traceability and verification, a Certificate of Destruction and Audit Report with detailed product information including make, model and serial number will be provided.
- Secure Processing Facility: RAE maintains many security measures including employee background checks, restricted and controlled zone access warehouse, secure caged area for items deemed for data destruction and sanitization, closed loop data destruction system, continuous computer video monitoring system, and visitor control procedures.
- Certified Recycling and Environmental Compliance: We are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and continually meet all mandated guidelines. Our secure processing facility is R2:2013 (Responsible Recycling) Certified, ISO 14001:2004 Certified,ISO 45001:2008 Certified, Florida DEP Registered and we are in 100% compliance with all regulations. We are also HIPAA Awareness Trained and have EHSMS Policies & Procedures implemented.
Corporate Compliance and Social Responsibility
RAE takes customer security and responsibility very seriously; all RAE customers are welcome to schedule a visit to our facility at any time to view our capabilities and processing standards first hand.
Other Electronics Recycling Services
From data destruction to certified recycling, learn how we can help manage your unused computers, electronics & it equipment
What We Accept
As a full-service electronics recycling company RAE maintains the ability to process a wide variety of equipment. Download the PDF below to find a list representing some of the most commonly recycled items that we accept, however, this list is not all-inclusive.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the equipment we recycle.
- We NO LONGER ACCEPT Televisions of any kind from drop offs – NO projection, NO flat screen, NO CRT, NO console TVs.
- We also still no longer accept CRT Computer Monitors.
- We will continue to recycle flat screen Computer Monitors.
- We will refer all drop offs with TVs or CRT Computer Monitors to Marion County Solid Waste on Baseline Road for recycling.
The Electronic Equipment We Accept and Do Not Accept for Safe Disposal