What is Asset Remarketing?
IT Asset Remarketing is the process of selling or repurposing used or outdated IT equipment, such as computers, servers, and networking devices. This involves refurbishing and upgrading the equipment to extend its lifespan, and then finding a new buyer for it. The goal of IT Asset Remarketing is to recover some of the value from the old equipment while also reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
Who It Impacts
If the best value for retired electronic equipment is not received along with the highest degree of security and regulatory compliance, several negative consequences may be experienced by customers. For instance, money could be lost on the investment in the equipment, exposure to security breaches or data leaks could occur, and legal penalties for violating regulations related to e-waste disposal could be faced.
Additionally, harm to the environment and contribution to global pollution can result from failing to prioritize sustainability and responsible e-waste management. Therefore, it is important for reputable IT Asset Remarketing providers to prioritize these factors in their services when working with customers.
Combining RAE’s risk and liability standards in regards to data and equipment management with our vast experience in re-use and remarketing ensures that our customers receive the best value for their retired electronic equipment along with the highest degree of security & regulatory compliance.
Through our exclusive RAEmarketing programs, RevShare Consignment℠ and Flat Rate Purchase℠, RAE offers the ability to determine how best to manage the final disposal costs while maximizing our customers return on investment (ROI). These two programs offer the customer the ability to choose whether remarketing revenue is paid in full at the beginning of each project through our Flat Rate Purchase℠ program or as a revenue share through our RevShare Consignment℠ program.
How We Help
How the Process Works and Guaranteed Data Security
As an industry leader in the remarketing of electronic assets, we employ proprietary processes, procedures and safeguards to boost the value that customers will receive from their retired and obsolete equipment.
- Secure Tracking Process: As soon as your equipment arrives at our facility, the inventory and tracking process begins. Your electronic assets are transferred to our secure remarketing area where they are inventoried and bar coded with a customer specific tracking number used to track your equipment throughout the RAEmarketing process. Our highly skilled and trained technicians thoroughly review each item of your inventory, identifying equipment with potential remarketing value. This process includes screening for age, configuration, functionality and appearance to determine current market value. All qualifying equipment will then be resold through our pre-qualified world-wide network of value-added-resellers by our experienced remarketing team. Upon completion of each remarketing project the customer will receive a full audit report with the equipment details (make, model and serial #) including remarketing results along with a Certificate of Recycling.
- Full Cleanse: All assets destined for remarketing first undergo RAE’s Data Cleanse℠ process. This proprietary sanitization and quality assurance process completely removes all software and stored data from all hard drives in conformance with DoD 5220.22m protocol. RAE guarantees our customers that all data on hard drives will be completely sanitized to these standards. Any and all hard drives that fail to authenticate the Data Cleanse℠ process will be destroyed by RAE.
Corporate Compliance and Social Responsibility
RAE takes customer security and responsibility very seriously; all RAE customers are welcome to schedule a visit to our facility at any time to view our capabilities and processing standards first hand.
Other Electronics Recycling Services
From data destruction to certified recycling, learn how we can help manage your unused computers, electronics & it equipment
What We Accept
As a full-service electronics recycling company RAE maintains the ability to process a wide variety of equipment. Download the PDF below to find a list representing some of the most commonly recycled items that we accept, however, this list is not all-inclusive.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the equipment we recycle.
- We NO LONGER ACCEPT Televisions of any kind from drop offs – NO projection, NO flat screen, NO CRT, NO console TVs.
- We also still no longer accept CRT Computer Monitors.
- We will continue to recycle flat screen Computer Monitors.
- We will refer all drop offs with TVs or CRT Computer Monitors to Marion County Solid Waste on Baseline Road for recycling.
The Electronic Equipment We Accept and Do Not Accept for Safe Disposal